"You've Got to Hide Your Love Away"
I decided to share some of my photos and information about Brevard Zoo. As a Member, I attend a lot. When it is summer hot and very humid, I can leave after an hour and not feel guilty. I love the Zoo and plan to stay a Member, although I have gotten some emails saying they are changing the Membership some by the end of the year.
Sometimes, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, and sometimes you can show it in photographs.
The Ring-tailed Lemurs have moved to the island where the Siamang Gibbons use to be at the antrance to Expedition Africa.. At first, they were keeping themselves hidden, but now they all are out and about. They are even climbing the trees.
George the Okapi munching on breakfast in the Africa loop.
Sharing space with the Okapi are the Klipspringers. They have been a happy family with many kids being produced through the years. Always one of my favorites.
There are a few generations of Zebras on the Africa Loop. I think they currently have five or six zebras.
The male Rhino has been sent to another Zoo because the two females were not getting pregnant. Now the females are by themselves and they seem to love that. This one got into the new red dirt that was spread in the rhino area.
It appears the adding of the female ostrich was a good thing. Yes, those are eggs to the right. The male, Little Foot, is on the left and the female Linda is on the right. She arrived in May of 2025 at four months old..jpg)
There are now three black and white Colobus monkeys at the Zoo living on the island where the Lemurs use to be. The monkeys are starting to go higher into the trees with daring climbs and jumps. There are two sisters, Naia and Zuba, who arrived in January of 2026. The male, Razi, arrived later in May. Hopefully there will be some mating,
The Eastern Bongo reside along the train ride, but you can see them sometimes from the Lion viewing area. This guy was checking me out...
There are three lions, brothers. One was walking around roaring, the other was following the roaring one. and the third, shown here, seemed to not care about the other two.
At the entrance to the Expedition Africa loop there use to be am African rock python named Tsodilo and a Burmese python named Brittany. Both were compassionately euthanized in February due to health concerns. In April, they added this male albino Burmese python which they named Al Dente.
In the center of the Zoo are the Chilean Pink Flamingoes. Eating and grooming.
Today I skipped the Land of Change loop where there are lots of birds, reptiles and mammals including kangaroos. I headed to the next loop, Wild Florida.
The two bald headed eagles seem to be conspiring.
One of the Bobcats was giving itself a bath, typical cat behavior.
There was construction on the boardwalk so it wasn't actually a loop today. Because of all the rain we had, they were doing a major clean up of the Black Bear are so no bears today.
The white tail deer were checking to see if I had any food...(You can buy pellets for 25 cents)
Although a part of the Rainforest Loop, the Capybara can swim in the pool next to the eagles. Looks like a giant guinea pig. It is the world's largest rodent.
The final loop I went to was the Rainforest Revealed. The Jaguar gave me a look before going back to sleep.
Yes, they have skunks...
One of my favorites is the Cotton-top Tamarin. Small but fun to watch...
Arriving at the end of 2025, the Patagonian Mara (also called Cavy) are a group of rodents that are very rabbit-like. Found in open and semi open habitats in Argentina and now at the Brevard Zoo.
I hope you enjoyed my pictures from Brevard Zoo.
About Title
"You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" is a song by the English rock band the Beatles. It was written and sung by John Lennon (though credited to Lennon–McCartney) and released on the album Help! in August 1965.
Lennon said of the song, "That's me in my Dylan period again. I am like a chameleon, influenced by whatever is going on. If Elvis can do it, I can do it. If the Everly Brothers can do it, me and Paul can. Same with Dylan." The song is an early example of Lennon self-reflecting in his writing, which had begun with songs such as "I'm a Loser" on the band's 1964 album Beatles for Sale. Lennon wrote the song at home, wanting another song for the film Help!. The song "is just basically John doing Dylan", Paul McCartney confirmed. The song is similar to a folkish strophic form and uses a Dylanesque acoustic guitar figure in compound duple time with chiefly acoustic accompaniment, no backing voices and light percussion from brushed snare, tambourine and maraca. A flute, however, replaces the harmonica that Dylan typically used.








.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)








Great photos… makes want to visit the zoo again.. ~Jose
ReplyDelete